Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 2013 Moon Phases

In January, the nights are long and dark, and many of us are trying to stay warm under a blanket of snow as the Cold Moon approaches (in some cultures, the Cold Moon is the name given to December's moon, instead). The native tribes of North America called this time the Wolf Moon, because this was when the wolves were howling, hungry, outside lodges where people stayed warm within. This time of year, we're all feeling a bit slow and "off" as our bodies adjust to chillier temperatures.
 
Make an offering to the Moon Goddess on this night- light a white candle and burn sandalwood incense. Ask her to be your guiding light:
Cold as stone, night you own
Light for me, as I roam.
Guiding Light, in my sight
Light for me, lead me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment